It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Migrate documents from Sharepoint to Jira

Hello,

During three sprints of our project, Jira was not being used. Consequently, all documents related to those sprints (Design, Functional documents etc.) are currently stored in Sharepoint. 

Is there a way to automatically import those 200+ documents into Jira and creating at the same time the stories/issues in Jira?

Thank you!

Kevin

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Kevin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

I understand that you would like to Export/change your Sharepoint documents into Issues of your JIRA instance. Is it correct?

I believe the easier way to migrate SharePoint documents to JIRA would be by using the CSV export/import functionality. These would be the steps:

- Export your documents to CSV

- Import the CSV to JIRA, following the documentation and format in the link below:

Importing data from CSV

Another option would be to create a Groovy script for bulk issue creation, as suggested in this thread.

Let me know if this would be an option for you. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

302 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you