Migrate confluence and jira to different servers and they can't communicate to each other any more?

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2012

Currently our confluence (3.4.6) and JIRA(4.2.2) are running in the same server, -Dhttp.proxyHost setup in confluence but not jira, and the {<tt>jiraissues</tt>} and {<tt>jiraportlet</tt>} macros are working fine.

Now we migrate confluence and jira to two different servers and I have updated the trusted application IP address within both confluence and jira, but {<tt>jiraissues</tt>} and {<tt>jiraportlet</tt>} macros has problem: when I try to insert "issue assign to me" Gadget in confluence page, it prompt me to login & approve, so I did but the following message displayed:

Request for Access

The request token you are trying to authorize is not valid. Please try another token. (Close this dialogue, then go back to the site requesting access and tell it to try again.)
I can also see the warning message in the log:
[shindig.gadgets.oauth.OAuthResponseParams] logDetailedWarning OAuth fetch error, reprompting for user approval
 -- url: /plugins/servlet/gadgets/makeRequest | userName: xxxxxx | referer: http://hq/plugins/servlet/gadgets/ifr?container=atlassian&mid=2592267173888&country=GB&lang=en&view=default&view-params=%7B%22writable%22%3A%22true%22%7D&st=atlassian.........
%2Frest%2Fgadgets%2F1.0%2Fg%2Fcom.atlassian.jira.gadgets%3Aassigned-to-me-gadget%2Fgadgets%2Fassigned-to-me-gadget.xml&libs=auth-refresh#rpctoken=495708010

Anyone can help?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gregory Sudderth
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2012

When I did this very thing, I had to destroy the app links and rebuild them.

I think there is some housekeeping data in the DB that has to be recreated.

G.

SherryX
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2012

Thanks, Gregory. You are right, the first thing I look at is the application link, also our proxy server has some problem, that's why they can't communicate to each other. It's all fixed now. Thanks.

Suggest an answer