Migrate JIRA project from JIRA Cloud to Atlassian OnDemand JIRA

Grant Cerny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 7, 2014

Hi,

I am currently a member of a JIRA space and I own one project in it, but am not an administrator.  I would like to export all of my issues from my project and import them into a new OnDemand instance I have set up, so I can manage and administer my own JIRA account and space.  

I see that I can export up to 1000 JIRA issues to Excel and RSS and XML, but I do not see any options in OnDemand JIRA to import these issues in any of those formats.  

I see an option for CSV import, but am not sure if I just save the Excel as a CSV, that that will work.  

Shall I try that, or is there a better way to move my issues into my new account project?

thanks

Grant

1 answer

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2014

Hi there,

I can see that your questions is pretty old and might already got solved, but here it is.

You can export your issues to Excel and just save them as CSV and then import using the CSV import.

Keep in mind that are two types of CSV import, the one you should use is the External System Import

• Type G+G.
  • Start typing: External System...

Use this tool to import your issues from CSV.

Hope it helps!

Thanks! laugh

Suggest an answer