Migrate JIRA from MYSQL to Oracle

yunfeng guo September 26, 2013

Everything goes fine but we meet problem when we want to empty the tables, sequences and all objects related to JIRA to inject a new JIRA data to it. Could someone help me on the SQL statement to do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
yunfeng guo January 27, 2014

Now it's fixed after i google the sql statement

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2013

That's not really a useful thing to do, you would probably be better off dropping everything and starting again if you think database is damaged.

If you want to keep some of your data, you'll need to work out exactly which tables do what, which ones you can clear and which to keep, what to update to keep things consistent, and then as for the "inject new Jira data" part, that's probably going to be an even harder piece of work. You're looking at weeks of analysis to do this, with Jira offline.

I think you should explain what "some error occured" is, as it's probably going to be a LOT easier to fix that. Or drop all the tables and start again from the XML

0 votes
AndrewA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2013

Hi Yunfeng,

Are we following the steps outlined at the following apge?

Migrating JIRA's data to a different type of database server

It does not sounds like we are using an XML backup so I will assume no. In which, case please read the above and reevalute the migration.

Andrew

yunfeng guo October 31, 2013

Thanks Andrew,

We did use XML backup solution for migration, but my question is about Database tier. Because we made some customization on JIRA, once we migrated, some error occured. And JIRA was not available, so we want to drop all related objects in DB(Oracle). That's why we want the sql statement.

Suggest an answer