Microsoft Dynamics Jira APi & Workflow

Maria Kühn January 13, 2020

What and how can I make settings in the jira board so that Microsoft Dynamics and jira synchronize the necessary support tickets according to the following workflow?

I'm specifically asking here about Jira settings.
Is anyone familiar with it. You would be a huge help to me!

Here is the workflow:

Support request is sent to Mail support @ address.
This email is automatically generated as a request in the CRM-swervice board and, if the customer's email is known, attached to the customer
If the ticket is classified as a bug ticket and has been prioritized, a jira ticket should be automatically created on the support board. This should take over the prioritization.
After the bug ticket has been completed and the status "completed", the feedback should be sent automatically to the Dynamics service board that the ticket has been completed.

4 answers

0 votes
Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2021

We found a workaround. We write the json code in a textfile and use an external curl.exe to send the data to the API.

0 votes
Venkat/ Prabesh (Natera IT) August 3, 2021

I am having this exact issue now (with making API calls to jira (from Dynamics). 

0 votes
Lars Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Hi Maria,

did you solve the problem?

I'm trying to call die JIRA API from Microsoft Dynamics NAV to POST some fields to an issue.

The HTTP Request works fine with CURL. But I have problems to get it working in NAV

0 votes
robert Mugabuhamye
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2020

Hello @Maria_Kühn

If Microsoft dynamics gives you scripting capabilities, you can then use jira REST API to create the issue from Microsoft dynamics:

https://developer.atlassian.com/server/jira/platform/jira-rest-api-examples/ 

In jira when the issue is finished you can use add-ons such as scriptrunner or automation for jira to send a update back to Microsoft dynamics.

Let me know if you need more details 

Suggest an answer