Merging 2 projects into as single one

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

How can I merge 2 projects into 1 I need to copy attachements also

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2011

If you use the Bulk Move you will need to make sure the configuration between the two projects is the same. You'll need to make sure that:

1. Versions are aligned between source & target projects
  2. Any components that are in the source project are in the target project
  3. Any custom fields are in scope for both projects
  4. If you're using custom issue types, make sure that there is a corresponding (or sensible) default in the target project. if you jump to a new workflow, you'll loose some of the history which may have an impact on your workflow conditions (e.g. If the workflow you end up on has a condition that you've gone from State D -> State F before you get to State G then you can get stuck).
  5. Run an itegrity check afterwards just to make sure all is OK.

Oh... and make sure it's done out of hours & you have a backup. The Bulk Move is good but it's very easy to wipe out data if you're not careful.

2 votes
Betsy Walker
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

It's done with the Bulk Move operation. Note that bulk operations can be resource intensive, so if you're moving lots and lots of issues, you should perhaps do it off-hours.

0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

Right!

...BetsyW was faster ;)

0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

Hi Samir,

you could use the "Move" function to move all issues from one project to another (=target) project.

BR, Markus

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2011

Thanks Markus can you please paste me some URL concerning the Move function or demo link..

where can i find the move ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events