Mention another project's components

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Community,

Is there is a way to mention another project's components?

For example, I have two project in JIRA and let's say Project A has three components X,Y & Z and Project B has other components M,N,L

I want users to mention in Project A tickets components M,N & L (From Project B) and viceversa.

A heads up: Also can be done in multiple projects too

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

What about by using REST?

Anyone?

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

At least for now it's not possible to have the same component for different projects. They can have the same names, but in the database they will have different "codes" so they will be different.

There's an issue on Atlassian's Jira where you can vote this new feature:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-8663

Hope this helps.

Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

What about if it can be done on database level?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 3, 2013

I can't imagine how it could be done from database... Because when you create or edit an issue the field component shows the ones that are on the project configuration.

0 votes
Darly Senecal-Baptiste
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

I explained more in the main description. Thanks

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2013

Hi, can you provide a little more of information? Maybe an example?

Suggest an answer