Max Char Limit on Cloud Edited

In JIRA Server this returns the max limit.

Server ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.text.field.character.limit")

Is there any API call in CLOUD to get the same. I checked and found nothing. Even I didn't see this property in Advanced Settings in Cloud. 

Somewhere I saw that it is default to 32767 in Cloud. 

Can we make sure it cuts the text at 32767 without any problem.?

Thanks in Advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi @Sahan Kanuwana,

jira.text.field.character.limit is a system property that is not possible to configure in Cloud (neither from the avanced admin screen, nor by using REST APIs). We have the below feature request open to have this possibility added:

I am not sure what you mean when you say "Can we make sure it cuts the text at 32767 without any problem?". Can you kindly provide more context? Can the answer be found in the below feature request?

Finally, just FYI, please find the links to JIRA Cloud Core, Software and Service Desk REST API documentation below:

Let me know if this helps. Provide more details otherwise.

Cheers,
Dario

Great Thanks Dario. 

Sorry, I just wanted to make sure that if I enter large text that exceeding 32767, will that cause any error? or it will truncate at that limit?

As mentioned in JRACLOUD-64351, when trying to enter a text longer than 32767 characters an error  message is returned and you have to either truncate the text or save it to a text file and attach it to the issue.

You may be interested in the below feature request to have this done automatically:

Have a nice weekend!

Ciao

Great thanks Dario!. Have a great weekend!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published 6 hours ago in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

19 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you