Marked a ticket "Done." How do I revert it to "Ready for Review?"

elmnt November 19, 2019

Incorrectly marked a ticket as "Done," and I just want to un-do this.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

You need to ensure your workflow allows the transition. That is, check to see if the WF has a transition back to ready for review. If not add the transition. I might suggest using the "All" transition option thus allowing any status to be transitioned to from any other status unless of course you want/need a rigid WF.

elmnt November 19, 2019

Thank you for your reply! I guess the follow-up noob question would be on "If not add the transition." How do I do this? Sorry, don't see a menu item for this.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 19, 2019

no worries at all. glad to help.

prerequisite - So you need to be an admin (either for the project or a system admin)

1. go to Project Settings > Workflows and find the workflow associated w/ the issuetype you are interested in. There may only be one or there may be many
  2. click on the pencil to edit the workflow
  3. in Diagram mode connect the Done status to the Ready for Review status, give it a name and I recommend you add a Post Function to clear the Resolution field. If you are not setting the resolution field when moving to Done I strongly recommend you correct this as well which can be done as a Post function on any transition to Done OR (preferred by me generally) add a screen that includes the Resolution field to the transition(s) and a Validation that requires the user to choose a resolution on transition.

You can find more in the docs - Workflows 

Like Elsa Barrueta Rivera likes this
elmnt November 19, 2019

Thank you!! 👍🏼

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2019

you are most welcome. One final word...

there are tons of good questions and answers here in the Community so be sure to use the Search field at the top of the page. If you don't have any luck just post a new question.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer