Mark Epic as Done -- how to undo?

Seems simple, but I don't see a way to do it.

I marked a few epics as Done in GH and also closed them as Done. I reopened them but still can't see them in GH.

Anything I can do other than re-create them?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

One thing I just found is a "epic status" field which seems to be what this Mark as Done operation updates. I couldn't find any easy way to edit it, but created a filter where the Epic Status != Done and found those issues. Then I bulk updated them back to To Do and it worked.

Henning Tietgens Community Champion Feb 05, 2014

Yes, that's the right way. If you add Epic Status to the Edit Screen it should be editable.

Thanks this helped! Strangely I had to set the status to None as it showed as To Do (and still does after updating to None in the Bulk Edit).

This do not work How do I unmark an epic after marking it as done? the status did not change to done. There is no place to find the epics any more and the status cant be changed to none. This new JIRA do not work for me at all. I can´t find anything anymore. Bad bad

Who and how can we add "Epic Status" field in the Edit Epic Screen?

Right now "Epic Status" is not displayed in the Configure Fields List linked o the "Edit Issue" screen.

You'll need to ask a Jira Administrator to enable the field

Marking the Epic Status as not done does nothing to make it show up again in the Epics list.  Sounds like a big defect with JIRA

Hello @rob papesch,

How can a Jira admin can retrive it back to backlog can you please guide me ,

Regards,

Varun.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

207 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you