Mapping user in one domain to another

Rich Wilkins December 4, 2018

Scenario:

• 2 AD Domains: DOM1 & DOM2
  • DOM1 user name format is john.doe
  • DOM2 user name format is jdoe1234
  • Both accounts are for the same user.
  • Both domains are connected to JIRA.
  • DOM1 is where the current user activity is taken from.
  • Once all data moved to DOM2 user, DOM1 will be decommissioned.

Action to be taken:

I need to move all assignments, created by, comments, etc. to utilize the DOM2 user account rather than DOM1.

Question:

What is the best method to perform the action?

1 answer

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

Hello Rich, 

I know you can move all assignments, created by DOM1 to DOM2 using bulk edit, filter issues created by DOM1, or he is a assigne and use bulk edit to transfer it to DOM2,  but not sure if it works for comments.

You want to erase DOM1 or?

We are talking hundreds of users, so using bulk edit really wouldn't be an option. I think I'd need something script based.

Yes, after everything is moved to their DOM2 accounts, DOM1 would be decommissioned. 

Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 4, 2018

Okay, I get it now, this is how you could filter them based on domain, and then use bulk edit.

To filter based on a mail domain you need script runner, because of his function.

Do this go to your normal issue search go to advanced 

tissue function in issueFieldMatch("project !=xx ", "Request participants", "@emaildomain")

the first part doesn't have to project = something, it can be anything from JQL, the catch is that this function requires two parameters.

Thanks Red. You are correct, some of these mappings can be done using something like:

issueFunction in issueFieldMatch("project != BLAH", "assignee", "john" )

However, this would take a lot of manual work to accomplish. It would also be more prone to missing something. While it's a good suggestion, I don't think this would be the best method. I am thinking the best method would involve some database alterations via script.

For those who would like it, here is the documentation on issueFieldMatch:

https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/jql-functions.html#_issuefieldmatch

Like Olga Videc likes this

Suggest an answer