Mapping from an array field e.g. (Fix Version/s) to a string field

Richard Sloggett October 15, 2012

We're using the Zendesk Cloud Connector mapping functionality to sync fields in JIRA with the original Zendesk ticket. This works well for Subject, Description but we want to map the Component/s and Fix Version/s fields - which are arrays in JIRA. Is there a way for us to map (at least inbound if not outbound) between what is a text field in Zendesk to an array field in JIRA. Mapping to a single element string array would be fine.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JustinA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

For this to work, you would have to set the values of the versions and components, and map them to their equivalents in Zendesk.

For example, a Fix Version/s field may have the following versions:

• V1
  • V2

Thus, the setting for this in the Zendesk mapping scheme would be as follow:

Zendesk Outbound: YOUR_FIRST_ZENDESK_FIELD_VALUE_FOR_VERSION

JIRA Inbound: V1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zendesk Outbound: YOUR_SECOND_ZENDESK_FIELD_VALUE_FOR_VERSION

JIRA Inbound: V2

0 votes
Mike Brady September 12, 2013

I'm having a similar issue: I want to map a ZD drop down -> Jira Components. I have mapped all other [text] <-> [text] type fields with no issue, but this inbound field from ZD is just not mapping. Any suggestions?

Suggest an answer