Manual change of status of an issue

Patricia Hoffmann
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 13, 2020

Hello, I would be happy, if ynone xould help with my problem:

We have the following colums in our project: Backlog, In Progress Supplier, In Progress Our Team, Done. I have moved one issue from column "In Progress Supplier" to "In Progress Our Team". Suddenly the status changed from "In Progress" to "On Hold". As I am working on this issue "On Hold" is not appropriate. How can I change this? 

Thanks for help and answers!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

Hi Patricia, welcome to the Community. There are two immediate possibilities that occur to me:

• You have an On Hold status in your workflow and that status is mapped to the In Progress Our Team column in your board along with other status(es) mapped to that same column. When this is done (valid scenario) one must be careful when dragging and dropping an issue such that it actually transitions to the desired status. You can check this in two ways - test dragging an issue and hover over the In Progress Our Team column and see if multiple choices appear.
  • You have some automation rule that is interfering with your transition. Check project settings > automation to see if any such rules might explain the situation.

there are other possibilities but lets start there.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events