Managing muliple software items/versions within the same project

Erick van Rijk October 16, 2013

Hi,

I've been looking for a way to track multiple versions of software within the scope of the same project.

Here is the scenario. I have a project A that I use to track tasks/bugs/etc for a embedded device.

This device has multiple processors (therfore different software versions for each processor).

How can I keep track of these multiple versions. I use Stash to maintain these repo's (eventually Bamboo for CI), but couldn't find a way to manage different versions in the same project. I ended up tracking the overall release number but it makes it harder to track.

So how would you approach a setup like mine?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2013

I think you need a managed cascade select custom field for that. Define your list of processors as top level, then manage the values of child options, and set the context of the CF to be that project. Yes it requires an admin to add versions etc, but once selected you can use JQL to create filters, and from there, report?

0 votes
Erick van Rijk October 27, 2013

Hi Andy,

interesting idea. I'll give it a try. If that doesn't work Ill just have to settle for multiple projects.

Suggest an answer