Managing already installed Add-ons on production

Our JIRA instance is running with 8 administrators. Every administrator is installing addon and we are unable to manage addons within system. I switched to safe mode but again anybody can disable safe mode. What are the best practices to restrict from installing addons.

1 answer

1 vote

This is exactly the reason why only administrators are allowed to manage the add-ons. But, as the number of admins increases, you need to do other things like enforcing by policy (an internal approval workflow in your organization). If you don't do that, you will end up in a situation like this.

Even if you add extra restrictions, it is not going to work unless you limit the users with those permissions to one or two. In the end, admins should be responsible enough to keep the JIRA instance free from unnecessary clutter.

Your company's best practice might be different to another but I suggest that you create a workflow (in JIRA itself) to get an add-on approved before it is installed in JIRA. If someone installs an add-on without approval, make them accountable.

Thank You Jobin Kuruvilla.

We Don't want to create a support project for add-on approval.

Expecting a system level configuration.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,954 views 19 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you