I'm handling the JIRA administrator role in the company, I need your answers on below question. Please kindly reply for this if your know how to do it.
1. Business User Creating a TASK issue in a JIRA scrum software project.
2. Then he need to assign it to Head of the department to get APPROVE/REJECT status(This Can be a Single Drop down list).
3. Once Head of the department approved the TASK, it should assign to CEO of that user.
4. CEO also can APPROVE/REJECT the request, if he APPROVED, it should assign to relevant Product Owner.
5. Product Owner then APPROVE/REJECT the request, if he APPROVED, it should assign it to relevant Scrum master.
I would like to know.....
I did what you said, yes once the TASK issue been created, it's automatically assigned to Head of the department, but after that how it will be done?, how it will handle in workflow. Since once the Head of the department is logged into JIRA and when he see the dashboard, that task will be assigned under him, but the problem is where to put next step?
I have this attached standard workflow in the project and other screens.
you have to create master project and save all the department heads/CEO/Product owner details and write a plugin to read the data from these masters basing on the requester.
New plugin will be required.
Alternative is you can use (calculated text field of) below plugin and try
If you don't want to use any plugins then , i feel your point2 (each user need to manual select the next user(Assignee) and that user can select the field and give the approve or reject.) will be the option
too many manual steps. step one create ticket - auto goes to manager, step two auto goes to manager's boss. Step 3 then can manual go to project manager. Project manger manually assign programmer/developer. When ready to be deployed, have user that created the request test it and approve. Then move into production, have user regression testing.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events