Managing 50+ customers (+ their multiple projects) with their own kanban boards - possible?

Deleted user April 13, 2021

Hey everyone, I need your help as I am trying to manage 50+ clients.
Each clients have 1-10 projects. 

With around 10 engineers I'd like to have kanban boards for each of the projects.
I'd like to have a view per engineer and per project.

To visualize:

Customer1

----Project1

---------Kanban Board

----Project2

---------Kanban Board

Customer2

----Project1

---------Kanban Board

----Project2

---------Kanban Board

... etc

Is this something which is possible in Jira?
I used it few years back however it was only one backlog and 1 software project.

Any help appreciated! Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

Yes, that's entirely possible.

As the admin, the best thing to do is create the projects and make one or more users of the project into project admins, then they'll be able to set up the boards to suit them.

Deleted user April 13, 2021

Thanks Nic! I am going to try this one out!

What about the view per person (see all their tasks across clients and projects)? Is that possible also?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2021

It is, but I'd let the users do it for themselves.

I would however build them an example dashboard to show them what they could build for themselves.

There's a really simple trick to this.  Most gadgets on dashboards work off a JQL query, and then report off the issues the query finds.  So I often build dashboards that work off the same query, but tell you different things.  For example, you can have a gadget that gives a bar chart of the number of issues by priority, another by project, another by status, then have the top of an issue list, then a 2d grid and and and.

The trick here is to use a query that includes a clause such as "and assignee = currentUser()" - that way the same dashboard will give different reports, but focussed on the person using the board.

Deleted user April 14, 2021

excellent thanks Nic, I am going to try this out!

0 votes
Eric Tucker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2022

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- We’re facing a similar situation for our organization. I understand how to create each project separately and assign each one a dedicated admin, but it’s not clear to me how to group the projects by customer (per @[deleted]‘s visual in the original post). Can you elaborate on your recommendation?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You could have a 1:1 customer:project ration, or you could use project categories as customers, or you could name the customer on individual issues, or you could create boards that map to customers.

Eric Tucker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 13, 2022

Ok, thanks! We have a 1:many customer:project model, so maybe I’ll explore the categories option.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events