Manage Sprint Permissions do not work

Elif Alverson November 27, 2018

Hello, 

One of the board owners is trying to use manage his sprints and even though he has the permissions he is getting " You need the Manage Sprint permissions for all the projects in the origin board to manage this print.

His board filter is   labels = XXX OR "Epic Link" = PS-26 OR "Epic Link" = PS-112 

This filter pulls Jira tickets from other projects as well as PS project which he has the manage sprint permissions.  If he has the manage sprint permissions for all these projects , would it fix the problem? How can he create/ manage sprints on his own board?

image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2018

Nothing else to say, You said it, that should fix the issue.

Elif Alverson November 27, 2018

@Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor] , 

Even though PS board filter which is  " labels = XXX OR "Epic Link" = PS-26 OR "Epic Link" = PS-112 "  shows multiple project issues , on backlog PS Sprint 2018.23 ( 11/5) shows only one issue which is DOC -491( see below ). The board owner has " manage sprints" permission for DOC project and he still gets the error message below.  

Any idea why he cannot start sprint on backlog PS Sprint 2018.23 ( 11/5) ? 

image.png 

image.png

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2018

I don't get it, is there any problem to give this user Manage Sprints in all projects affected by the filter?

Elif Alverson November 28, 2018

GM, 

He needed to be an admin for the board and the project with the manage sprint permissions to manage permission for the PS board after we change the filter to pull only PS project tickets. 

For the other projects; I gave him permissions to manage sprints and he still cannot start sprints. Based on what I mentioned above it seems like he needs to be an admin for all these project.

Why? Is that because all these projects use different permissions schemes?

Elif

adysuciu November 28, 2019

Hi Community Leaders,

We have exactly the same issue in JIRA 

• v7.13.8

Even if I am Project Administrator I have the problem of not being able to start Sprint when the query changes to include "AND labels in ..."

When the part with the label is taken out of the Filter query, I can start sprint with no problem.

Please advise

Adrian

Suggest an answer