Making other user as a admin user

Home Care Connect April 16, 2018

I would like create the second user as an admin even though i am the admin at the moment. How can i do that?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2018

Add the new admin into the groups that define your administrators.

Home Care Connect April 17, 2018

I did, and also that user is in the same group, some reason when that user logins, he cannot see himself as an admin.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Barsha,

Can you clarify what you mean when you say he cannot see himself as admin? Which product is this for? Are you trying to add a Jira admin, a Confluence admin, or a Site admin?

Shannon

So our company wants to use the Jira before we made the purchase we will use it for the free trial. we have Asana as a project management tool. We tried the "Jira Software + documentation" product. I will like to make my CIO as an admin overall in this product so that he can try some other plugins to transfer the projects from the Asana to Jira. 

In general, I will like to give an access as an administrator.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 17, 2018

Barsha,

It's still not clear, apologies. So Asana is unrelated to the question? Is the Jira Software + documentation product you're referring to Jira Software and Confluence?

These are two separate products. You'll first need to go to Jira Global Permissions and check what groups are set to be the administrator in Jira. Then, you'll want to add your CIO to those groups.

The same for Confluence, you want to go to Confluence Global Permissions, and see what groups have "Confluence Administrator" checked, and he can be added to one of those.

If your CIO needs to install paid add-ons or manage other users, then he will need to be in the group called site-admins. Please review Cloud Add-ons and Plugins for more information.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer