Making a field required on select screens

Anatoly Klebanov February 18, 2014

Is there any way to make a field required on only one screen in a configuration? For instance, I have Create, View, and Update screens for a project, and I want a certain field to appear on all three screens in the configuration, but be required on only the Create screen. I noticed that you can use validators with the JIRA Suite Utilities add-on, but none of the validators seem to help. Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2014

No.

Screens are simple lists of fields that are given to the user at certain times. That's it. They don't do anything else. Even validation is done by the field, not the screen.

There are options on mandatory fields though. The obvious one for your case is built-in - use the field configuration to make the field mandatory on create. This does mean you'll never be able to blank it out.

If that's not right, then you're into validators which you've already found, but only apply to transitions.

Suggest an answer