Making a field not editable after Creation

Hey,

I have a quick questions. We have a field which we want to be editable only when Issue is created and its mandatory. After that, it should show on the view screen but should not be editable. Of course, I can create View Operation,and Edit operation screens but my question is will inline edit work for that field, if I have removed it from Edit Operation Screen? My guess was it should not but thought to check it anyway.

Can you think of any other way of doing it better? Actually, we have to do this across 40 projects and they have too many screen schemes, so I have to create that many screens for edit, and then assign them to all those screen schemes. I see Jira behaviours doing some of this for us but what is your recommendation?

thank you,

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

you can make field read only for specific issuetype by using javascript

How?  Can you give an example please?

Hi Atlassian Community,

Any resolution on this issue yet?

0 votes

any update ?

Given the question is 5 years old, I'd say things have moved on.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,687 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you