Try behaviours plugin ... make the fields readonly and add a condition when user is administrator ....
Behaviours plugin is really the best way to do this. You'll have a lot of possibilty to customize your customfield behaviours.
This is possible to do without having to buy plugins, but it'd be a bit of a pain in the neck.
1. In the project, make sure the read-only field is only present on the View screen, not on the Edit screen.
2. In the workflow, create a new status (I'll call it ADMIN) and set it to be reachable from any status.
3. Click on the transition leading to your new ADMIN status, and set the Validator to "User has permission: Administer project".
4. Create a screen with your Custom Field on it, and tell the Transition to your ADMIN status to use that screen.
5. Create a transition from your ADMIN status back to the normal workflow.
You now have a transition which only project admins can use, and the custom field you asked about should only show up in the screen attached to that transition.
... it may be less hassle to just go ask for a budget to buy Behaviors, though
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG