Try behaviours plugin ... make the fields readonly and add a condition when user is administrator ....
Behaviours plugin is really the best way to do this. You'll have a lot of possibilty to customize your customfield behaviours.
This is possible to do without having to buy plugins, but it'd be a bit of a pain in the neck.
1. In the project, make sure the read-only field is only present on the View screen, not on the Edit screen.
2. In the workflow, create a new status (I'll call it ADMIN) and set it to be reachable from any status.
3. Click on the transition leading to your new ADMIN status, and set the Validator to "User has permission: Administer project".
4. Create a screen with your Custom Field on it, and tell the Transition to your ADMIN status to use that screen.
5. Create a transition from your ADMIN status back to the normal workflow.
You now have a transition which only project admins can use, and the custom field you asked about should only show up in the screen attached to that transition.
... it may be less hassle to just go ask for a budget to buy Behaviors, though
Hi Atlassian Community, We recently published a case study that we thought you might be interested in. Learn about how InVision built their fully remote company’s culture using Atlassian and Slack ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events