Make due date required based on another custom field's value

Sneha Sheth June 30, 2014

Hi I have a custom field which is a drop down menu(single select) with two options 'A' and 'B'. If I select A due date should be required otherwise not.

I am using the following code as a server side validation using Behaviours plugin

{code}

import org.apache.log4j.Category

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FieldBehaviours

import com.onresolve.jira.groovy.user.FormField

import com.atlassian.jira.issue.Issue

def Category log = Category.getInstance("com.onresolve.jira.groovy.postfunction");

log.warn("Test log statement"+getFieldByName("duedate"));

log.warn("Finished logging ---"+getFieldByName("End User").getValue()+" ------");

if(getFieldByName("End User").getValue() == "A")

{

getFieldByName("duedate").setRequired(true);

}

{code}
There is nothing on my JIRA logs and the script does not work. Please suggest something to make it work

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

Try

getFieldById("duedate")

But note you have nothing that sets the due date back to not required, if the user changes from option A to something else.

So remove your "if" block and use:

getFieldById("duedate").setRequired(getFieldByName("End User").getValue() == "A")

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the reply. I made the changes but it still does not work.
Note: This is for the entire workflow so do I need to put any conditions or adding no conditions implies across the entire worklfow.

Thanks.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 30, 2014

You've written this as a behaviours script. That's the bestway to do this, although it could also be done as a validator.

Can you send a screenshot of the config.

Hi Jamie,

I am attaching a screenshot as you requested.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 2, 2014

I don't see a screenshot...

Suggest an answer