Make a custom field non-editable in the Edit issue screen

Jemima James June 22, 2022

I have a custom field A that is a calculated field. Its configured to not show up on the Create Issue screen. (assume screen name as X)

1. I've added it to the Edit Issue screen. I want to be able to view the field while editing the issue but not be able to edit the field. How do I do that? (without using scriptrunner)
  2. As of now, I am able to edit its value when I click on the issue. Is this because I am an admin?
  3. I am using the same screen for both Edit Issue and View Issue (assume screen name as Y). Could this be the cause?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2022

Hi @Jemima James ,

I will answer your question in the same order.

1. Basically they are 3 screens/operations 1. Create 2. Edit and 3. View. IF you are adding the field on creating screen you can see the field while creating the issue. If you are editing the issue by clicking the edit you can see the field on the Edit screen and when you open the issue that will be your view screen.

2. It is not the case whether you have admin privilege or not but probably you have added the field in Edit Screen.

3. That might be the case, so you will have to create a separate screen for View and Edit. You need to add the required fields only that you wanted to edit in the edit screen and the rest all are on view screen.

Hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,
Mayur

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events