Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Make Xray fields as mandatory

Hello All, I'm using Xray test management, and I'm facing some cases when my team forgets to add test execution to a test plan or even add a test environment to the test execution, so I'm wondering if there is any way to make these fields as mandatory before closing the test execution? 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stefan Salzl Community Leader Apr 26, 2022

Hi @Malik Jamal 

As you mentioned "before closing the test execution" --> does "closing" in this case mean when the test execution is transitioned to a special workflow status (eg. Done, Closed, ...) ?

If so I would suggest to add a validation in the workflow so the issue could only be transitioned to this status when the mentioned fields are filled.

Hope I got your requirement right and this helps. In case there are further questions please let me and the community know ;)

Best
Stefan

Hi @Stefan Salzl 
Thanks a lot for your answer, 
but the issue is that I can't find these 2 fields, "Test Plan" and "Test environment" maybe because it Xray fields even I can't find it in the custom fields list.
Check the attached Screenshots 
Plans.pngJira.png

Stefan Salzl Community Leader Apr 26, 2022

Hi @Malik Jamal 

oh...got you 🙄🙈 could be because xray issues are not native jira. 

I‘ll double check this in regards of screens/screen schemes and get back to you soon.

Best
Stefan

@Stefan Salzl 
Thanks man, appreciate it a lot 

Stefan Salzl Community Leader Apr 27, 2022

Hi @Malik Jamal ,

Unfortunately I don´t have any better news :-/  

According to xray documentation it is possible to use some of its custom fields though Test Plan & Test Environment are not one of them.

I tried to configure some different screens/screen scheme or work with transition view/screen but wasn´t able to add the xray specific field :/

I can´t ensure 100% but I guess scriptrunner could solve this (in case this plugin is installed in your instance).

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl Community Leader Apr 27, 2022

BTW @Malik Jamal :

awesome beard 👌🙌😊

Like Malik Jamal likes this

@Stefan Salzl 
Thank you for the time and the effort you took on this matter much appreciate it man.
and I like your beard also. I wish mine looked that good 😊👌👌

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Stefan Salzl Community Leader Apr 28, 2022

You are welcome 🙌 

Stefan Salzl Community Leader May 05, 2022

Hi @Malik Jamal 

in case your question is answered please consider to click the accept button in order to mark this case as solved and make it easier to find for other community members with similar requirements.

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you