Mail Handler only creating issues when mails arrive from email addresses linked to Jira Account

Peter Ebraert December 20, 2018

We are working with an Atlassian Jira Cloud solution.

I have set up a handler based on the Default Cloud Mail Server (jira@vlaamseoverheid.atlassian.net).

When I send an email to jira@vlaamseoverheid.atlassian.net from the email adress linked to my Jira account, Jira does create a new Issue (as desired).

When I send an email to jira@vlaamseoverheid.atlassian.net from another email adress, Jira does not create a new Issue (not as desired).

Can you please investigate this?

2 answers

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hi Peter,

I am sorry, but what I had in mind was server only.

Maybe you can reach out to the Atlassian Support here https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/ , they should be able to have a look at their logs.

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2018

Hi @Peter Ebraert,

Can you please check your configuration if you have a default reporter set.

If that is missing and if you do not select to create users when they don't exist, Jira is unable to create an issue.

Config_Jira.png

I don't know what you mean by reporter.

In case it is the Mail Handler you mean, I have one that does create user accounts. I had it on "notify users" true, but also then, it did not create tickets.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2018

Yes, that was what I meant.

Hmm, then the emails should be processed.

I think there was somewhere some kind of logging for the emails, but I currently do not remember where exactly and can't check at the moment. 

I will check this later and come back to you.

Suggest an answer