Mail Handler Plugin params

aas September 13, 2019

I try to create mail handler plugin, but when I do atlas-debug and fill message handler configuration in JIRA, the params argument is empty. What's the problem? 123.jpg111.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aas October 17, 2019

The problem was that I had to write key=value into the field. e.g key=123 then I got params in to the init method

0 votes
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hi @aas ,

Please notice that this might not be the best place to get help on development  related questions.

In case you still need help on this topic, you might want to ask the developers community instead, or open a ticket in the developers service desk:

Cheers,
Dario

aas October 17, 2019

First reference doesn't work

Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2019

@aas ,

Both links work fine for me. Can you kindly let me know which one is broken for you?

Cheers,
Dario

aas October 22, 2019

Hello Dario, the first one https://community.developer.atlassian.com/ Unable to access site. Timed out waiting for a response from community.developer.atlassian.com.

Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2019

@aas ,

Works fine for me (see below screenshot). Where are you connecting from? 

community-dev-works.jpg

Also, can you try to connect from a different network (e.g. mobile phone) and check if you are able to open it from there?

Cheers,
Dario

aas October 22, 2019

I try to connect from different networks (job, home, mobile) and always time out connection

Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2019

@aas ,

I can confirm the site is up and reachable from the most of the Countries by using, for example, the below services:

I can also see that ping (ICMP echo) requests are blocked but this should not prevent anyone from being able to access the site using a web browser:

xxxxx:~$ ping community.developer.atlassian.com
PING ec2-18-234-87-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com (18.234.87.102) 56(84) bytes of data.
^C
--- ec2-18-234-87-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 5127ms

Therefore, the only thing that might prevent you from accessing the developers community might be the fact that it is hosted on AWS and this is not reachable from some Countries:

xxxxx:~$ host community.developer.atlassian.com
community.developer.atlassian.com is an alias for community.atlassian.pro.
community.atlassian.pro is an alias for ec2-18-234-87-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com.
ec2-18-234-87-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com has address 18.234.87.102

Now, can you kindly let us know (if possible) from which Country you are from so that we can check whether or not the site is available from there? Also, can you kindly try to resolve the name "community.developer.atlassian.com" like in above example and paste the results?

Cheers,
Dario

aas October 23, 2019

I'm from Russia. There no host command in windows so I try nslookup 

Не заслуживающий доверия ответ: (Untrustworthy answer)
╚ь : ec2-18-234-87-102.compute-1.amazonaws.com
Address: 18.234.87.102
Aliases: community.developer.atlassian.com
community.atlassian.pro 

Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 24, 2019

Hi @aas ,

The host resolves correctly.

It could be an option to use the tracert command to see where the timeout is occurring but I am afraid your issue is related to the fact that a lot of IPs from Google and AWS have been banned in Russia last year in an attempt to block Telegram.

I have tried to use the below website to confirm this is the case and it seems that the ip is indeed restricted. However (since I don't speak Russian) I am not sure I understand correctly and it would be best if you can double-check:

For more details on this topic, please see:

As a workaround you can use a VPN or a proxy to connect to the developers' community. Other ways to circumvent the block are explained in the latter of the above links.

I hope this explains.

Cheers,
Dario

aas October 24, 2019

I've cheked and the ip is blocked, using VPN helps to connect to tge developers community, thanks.

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2019

You are very welcome @aas ,

I have informed the internal team managing the developers community about this issue.

I am not sure if they can do anything in the short term but using a VPN can be used as a workaround in the meantime. 

Cheers,
Dario

Suggest an answer