MS SQL Query for deleting shared Filters

Gantner June 16, 2017

I have cloned my production JIRA instance, and now I have got several shared filters, out of which most of them are no use to anyone. I want to delete all the filters, which are linked to concerned project.

E.g Delete filters, which matches to Project X (the X project doesn't is deleted in current instance)

1 answer

1 vote
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2017

Hi,

In the searchrequest table, the reqcontent column holds the saved query, e.g. I have a save filter titled Branden.  The text in the reqcontent column is as follows:

project = SR and reporter = Branden

You can find the filters that have that project key in the text:

select * from searchrequest where reqcontent like '%DAL%'

You can similarly use a query such as the above to find any text within the search query.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Gantner June 19, 2017

Thanks Branden for reply.

However, when I deleted row from search request, it is still showing in System>Shared Filters. Anyway of deleting from the administration list?

Michelle Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2017

Hello there!

It requires an application restart for the changes to take effect. Have you restarted JIRA after removing the entry from the database?

Best,

Michelle

Gantner June 21, 2017

Yes it got deleted after some time. Many Thanks for your support.

I will delete it from database. I wish there are no more problems.

Suggest an answer