MS SQL Query for deleting shared Filters

I have cloned my production JIRA instance, and now I have got several shared filters, out of which most of them are no use to anyone. I want to delete all the filters, which are linked to concerned project.

E.g Delete filters, which matches to Project X (the X project doesn't is deleted in current instance)

1 answer

1 vote

Hi,

In the searchrequest table, the reqcontent column holds the saved query, e.g. I have a save filter titled Branden.  The text in the reqcontent column is as follows:

project = SR and reporter = Branden

You can find the filters that have that project key in the text:

select * from searchrequest where reqcontent like '%DAL%'

You can similarly use a query such as the above to find any text within the search query.

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks Branden for reply.

However, when I deleted row from search request, it is still showing in System>Shared Filters. Anyway of deleting from the administration list?

Hello there!

It requires an application restart for the changes to take effect. Have you restarted JIRA after removing the entry from the database?

Best,

Michelle

Yes it got deleted after some time. Many Thanks for your support.

I will delete it from database. I wish there are no more problems.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

22,126 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you