Low Work without time spent

Fredrik Ivansson Flinta February 15, 2021

Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the "log work" without Time Spent information?

I'm would like to have a simple "progress information/logger" but i'm not interested in loggin time.

Using comments is not a option since comments are and shall be used for comments.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

could you articulate a bit more one your requirements? What constitutes logging work for you? A simple "hey I worked on this" tick box or some text or some automatic clock or....?

Progress information could be:

First entry: Today i corrected hey.c lines 33-34 (<DATE AND TIMESTAMP> <USERID>

Second entry: Now also lines 35-36 is corrected (<DATE AND TIMESTAMP> <USERID>

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2021

So you will need to do that in the Comments I think. While you could use a multi-line text and simply add to the top IMO that is a bad solution and you might run out of space. Of course you could also you the time logging feature and simply put in some bogus number e.g. 5m and leverage the comment area for the details. In fact that is the best option IMO.

Thanks, but i dont want to mix Comments and this kind of information.

Insert some bogus numbers was my inital idea before posting here, but that confirms that so I might go for it :)

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

Hi @Fredrik Ivansson Flinta 

Add Multiline text field in the transition and have field required!

This will surely achieve your requirement.

Thanks,

Pramodh

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 15, 2021

FYI,

Only add the fields you require in the transition screen.

Comment will be shown by default.

Thanks, but edit is the most common action that is used when adding the information.

And a multiline will not work since there will be multiple edits/logging in each issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events