Lost permission to edit and delete work logs

Arvin Yorro December 2, 2019

Two days ago, I lost the permission to edit and delete worklogs, the edit or delete button disappeared. I am an administrator and I can access permission schemes (and time tracking permissions)

I got frustrated and added myself (Single User) to all permissions under "Time Tracking Permission", in all permission schemes. I still can't edit or delete worklogs

Other users with "Member" only access can edit or delete worklogs.

1 answer

1 vote
Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Hi @Arvin Yorro Are you talking about an old or new view?

In the old view you have a magic where is my field? button.

Screenshot from 2019-12-03 09-49-46.png

In the new view you can check what you have in the configure.

Screenshot from 2019-12-03 09-49-17.png

Arvin Yorro December 3, 2019

I'm using the new view. The Issue > Configure does nothing to help me show the work Edit Delete Worklog button

I'm not talking about the missing field, but the missing edit and delete links in the Worklog view

2019-12-03_17-34-10.png

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2019

Ahhh, I confirm I also do not see these links in a new view - this is the way Atlassian is deploying new changes ;)

As a workaround you can switch to old view and edit/delete worklogs.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Another finding - these links are visible in the next-gen project.

So the only affected projects are classic ones with new view.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Heh - another finding, I can see these links even in new field for classic Kanban projects. I cannot see them for classic Scrum projects.

Small update - I can see these links in the classic Kanban project created in the past. I cannot see these links in all newly created classic projects, regardless template used.

Arvin Yorro December 3, 2019

@Jakub Sławiński I can see these links last week. Only Yesterday that I couldn't see them. Other accounts (members) can also see these links.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 3, 2019

Looks like an issue on the Atlassian side. You should raise a ticket and in the meantime use old view as a workaround.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2019

@Arvin YorroAny progress on that? Did you get any answer from Atlassian?

I still have the same issue on one of my cloud instances.

Arvin Yorro December 6, 2019

@Jakub Sławiński We decide to just promote my account to full admin, we don't have the time to go through anymore process. Thank you for your help

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2019

And promoting to a full admin helped? I am a full admin on my testing jira cloud instance and I still have a similar issue.

Jakub Sławiński
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2019

Suggest an answer