• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Lost access to jira project after password change

I wanted to create account for Bitbucket using the same email address I was using for my Jira account. I was not aware that these two services are connected, i.e. that I can use same account to access both of them.

So, when I tried to create an account on Bitbucket, it said that there is already an account with that email address. I was confused at first, thinking that maybe I created an account sometime before, but didn't know the password, so I selected an option to reset it. I created new password and was able to successfully log in to Bitbucket.

However, when I try to access my project on Jira, it says that my account doesn't have access to that project. I did not alter any settings, the only change I made was the account password. I am the only user assigned to that project and, since I created it, I am also an admin there.

Can someone help me with this? I tried contacting Atlassian customer support directly, but since I am on a free plan, they are not willing to help me like that, but have instead pointed me here.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Apologies to the community. It seems I do have two accounts with similar email address and I was trying to access this Jira project using the wrong one (silly me). When I logged in using the other account, everything worked well.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you