Lost access to jira project after password change

Marko Cvetkovic March 10, 2021

I wanted to create account for Bitbucket using the same email address I was using for my Jira account. I was not aware that these two services are connected, i.e. that I can use same account to access both of them.

So, when I tried to create an account on Bitbucket, it said that there is already an account with that email address. I was confused at first, thinking that maybe I created an account sometime before, but didn't know the password, so I selected an option to reset it. I created new password and was able to successfully log in to Bitbucket.

However, when I try to access my project on Jira, it says that my account doesn't have access to that project. I did not alter any settings, the only change I made was the account password. I am the only user assigned to that project and, since I created it, I am also an admin there.

Can someone help me with this? I tried contacting Atlassian customer support directly, but since I am on a free plan, they are not willing to help me like that, but have instead pointed me here.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marko Cvetkovic March 10, 2021

Apologies to the community. It seems I do have two accounts with similar email address and I was trying to access this Jira project using the wrong one (silly me). When I logged in using the other account, everything worked well.

Suggest an answer