Looking to set up JIRA cloud and would like to implement project set up using SAFe methodology

Shikha Handa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2020

We are Looking to set up JIRA cloud and would like to implement projects set up using SAFe methodology.

We are looking to have Portfolio's set up by Domains (Like Retail, Cx, Billing). Each portfolio will have programs/initiatives per business units or operating companies. Each program will need changes to multiple products of our eco-systems and each program will require multiple teams.

We need the guidance on how we set up our projects that gives us the following:

a) Gives an overview of various programs within the portfolio

b) Gives us status of each of the programs

c) We should be able to manage the backlog for each program and also the products and should be able to see the trace ability of the deliver lifecycle.

d) Able to use Release, Component and Test features for automation.

Need expert advise as to how the project should  be set up to meet the above requirements. Also what issue types and apps are advised.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2020

Hi @Shikha Handa , welcome to the Community!

You'll likely find the best approach is working with a certified Atlassian partner in order to properly guide and execute this implementation as there are many working parts and considerations.

Our company specializes in this type of engagement and you can see more about how we handle the scope for Agile at Scale/SAFe in some of our blogs. Ultimately, there are different approaches to handle these transformations that rely on fleshed out requirements.

Shikha Handa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 9, 2020

Thank you Michael.  Was looking if there are any case studies or best practices you would suggest other than what mentioned above. 

Michael Andolfatto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2020

Hi Shikha, we do have a published case study you can review here led by our Agile at Scale Lead, Dean MacNeil

Suggest an answer