Looking to automate marking an "Epic status" "Done" when the Epic status field is moved to "Done".

Galina Kumykova February 22, 2022

As of now, there are two fields that need to be moved to "Done" (for example) status - "Epic status" and status (issuetype=epic status).

I am looking for ways to automatically move the "Epic status" to same state as the issuetype=epic status.

Any help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

9 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

Use an advanced edit fields action, and a JQL condition of "Issuetype = Epic", trigger can be When: Issue Transitions to Done.

{
"fields": {
"Epic Status": { "value": "Done" }
}
}

chrome_2022-02-22_15-25-21.png

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2022

I think it's also possible to do this in the workflow, but automation is easier to extend to other projects.

Like # people like this
Galina Kumykova February 28, 2022

Hi Chris, how do I get to the "Use an advanced edit fields action"? I do not see it:

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 2.14.32 PM.png

Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2022

@Galina Kumykova  You're in the right screen, just click that "More Options" bolded text and then into the big box and it will automatically become Advanced Edit.

Like Fredrik Folkeryd likes this
Abhi Singh March 28, 2024

This worked beautifully, thank you! It appears there's no way to reference the 'Epic Status' field via the regular automation actions.

Suggest an answer