Looking for advice on how to write JQL query expressions

Kazuhiro_Yaguchi May 22, 2023

I'm currently tracking items in a specific customer system with a JQL query expression.

(e.g.  project = DT AND Customer = JDI AND key >= DT-100 ORDER BY created DESC)

This customer added a new system this week. But, I don't want to include this new system in the original JQL query. (OLED system F30011)

How should I add it to the expression in this case?  (w/o F30011, Feeling like this)

And,

What would be better if I only want to track F30011? (only F30011, Feeling like this)

1 answer

0 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Kazuhiro_Yaguchi , thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Depending on how the custom field for the system is configured, you can just exclude it from your query by adding to the end, (and system not in)

image.png

So you would end up, in my example case, something like this -

project = "Engineering Support" and customer = test AND key >= engs-100 AND "Company Value[Dropdown]" not in ("Be the Change You Seek")

Where I have used (I assume) the same type of custom field, a drop-down, to specify which values you don't want to include in this query.

Hope this helps but if not, tell us and either I or someone else will try to help.

Cheers

Radek Dostál
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

Note - "not in" will exclude issues with the options, but it will not include issues with no options. So to get options other than specified or no options at all, use 

.. AND ("Company Value[Dropdown]" not in ("Be the Change You Seek") or "Company Value[Dropdown]" IS EMPTY)

Suggest an answer