Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking for a way to delete a past Sprint

Greetings, I have been searching a lot of questions and answers regarding to how to delete a Sprint in Jira but those seem are not applicable to me since I didn't see some options and pages like "Sprint Report" or "Manage Sprint" etc. Actually my question is simple, and just want to delete a itchy-duplicated past sprint? My project is "Team-managed".

S3Duplicated.png

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Nazca Wilde,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to team-managed projects, in order to delete a sprint, it will be necessary to reopen it first.

Please, go to the Burnup report or Sprint burndown chart, select the sprint and on the right side, click to reopen.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 17.29.26.png

The sprint will be visible on the backlog again and there will be possible to delete it.

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 17.30.50.png

The information you saw related to “Sprint report” is available on Company-managed projects only:

Screen Shot 2021-06-24 at 17.32.29.png

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thanks for your answer, however, it blocks me from "Reopening Sprint" during an active sprint, I will try that out when my current Sprint ends.

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Okay, my current Sprint has ended and reopened that redundant Sprint and successfully deleted it! Many thanks!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes

I'm editing my previous answer based on the much better answer provided by @Angélica Luz  below.  :)

Here's some generic information about the "Manage Sprints" permission.

This permission is managed in a project's permission scheme.  If you're a Jira administrator, you can access those settings from: Admin > Issues > Permission schemes.

Note: Permissions aren't editable on the Free plan. You can upgrade your Jira Cloud plan to customize project permissions.

Here's the documentation page on how to delete sprints: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/delete-a-sprint/

Rachel Wright

Hi @Rachel Wright,

Thank you!

On Cloud free, the Manage Sprints permission is by default set to "Any logged in user".

It's not possible to manage permissions or roles, but on Free, everyone with a Jira license is automatically a project administrator.

The problem would be if, for example, someone uses Jira Standard/Premium, modify the permissions, and then downgrade to Free, so the permissions would be blocked, and only upgrading again to Standard would allow to change it (or creating a new project and move the tickets).

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you