Looking for a time-tracking addon with granularity

I've been asked by my company to investigate if there's a way to do time-tracking in a very micromanaged way. I know Jira has built-in time tracking for individual issues, but we're looking for something a bit deeper.

We would like the ability to count the time an issue spent open and assigned to a user. For example, if one of our Customer Service reps clicks "Acknowledge" on a ticket, we imagine a timer starting from that point. When the CS rep then clicks "Resolve Issue", the timer should stop. It would also be nice to be able to have a widget that showed how long a user may have spent on tickets with a certain component.

It would seem logical that we should be able to do something like this fairly easily, but I haven't come across an add-on that grants this kind of functionality. Anyone have any ideas?

3 answers

Hi

If i understand you correctly, you want to identify the amount of time an issue spends in each status of the workflow.

For this purpose we have a plugin jira suite utilities, once you install, you will get a tab transitions and in it you can view the amount of time issue spends in various statuses

here the link and the screenshots

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.googlecode.jira-suite-utilities

Rahul

If you would like to capture that information, then a workaround can be have a transition- Re-assign issue; from Open to Open status with the transition screen prompting user the assignee field. That way the transitions tab will identify it as a transition within the workflow and log it in a a separate entry

Rahul

This is a promising start. I like that it tracks the amount of time in each transition, but it doesn't take into account if the issue has been reassigned. We want to be able to view a user and find how much time they've spent on issues and which issues/components they've spent their time on. Is this possible with the JIRA suite utilities add-on?

There are three popular time tracking plugins on the market that might meet your needs.

Edit: For format. First submission from tablet was terrible.

Have a look at this; i think this is what you need.!

The issue history collector plugin. I have it on my test instance, works well...

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/ru.andreymarkelov.atlas.plugins.datacollector

Rahul

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

168 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you