Looking for a solution to calculate WSJF / CD3 value and sort on backlog in Jira Cloud

Mike Hermus January 24, 2020

Hi there,

Our organisation is looking for a solution which helps us to easily calculate the WSJF / CD3 value of user stories and the ability to sort them accordingly on our Single Prioritized Backlog.

We are using the Jira Cloud product and after some searching I noticed that there is a solution for Jira Server (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221306/wsjf-for-jira-calculation-and-sorting), but unfortunately not such an off-the-shelf plugin for Jira Cloud.

Does anybody know what plugin or solution we could use to reach our goal within the Cloud version of Jira?

Many thanks in advance!

3 answers

4 votes
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2020

Hi @Mike Hermus,

we recently launched Foxly - Backlog Priority Scoring app for Jira Cloud that gives you an option to prioritize your Jira backlog using one of the predefined scoring methods, including WSJF. You can also customize the scoring method to your needs.

The score is stored in the "Priority score" custom field so you can JQL by it, show the score on your kanban cards or backlog and use for creating rules in Automation for Jira.

Foxly - table filters.png

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions,

Nikki

Mike Hermus July 29, 2020

Hi @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_,

Thanks, very interesting! I'll check with my colleagues is we can have a look at this :)

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 29, 2020

Great to hear that @Mike Hermus let me know if you need any help or you have any feedback.

As I mentioned we released this app recently and looking for any ideas to improve the product :)

0 votes
Mo Backer August 28, 2020

Hi @Mike Hermus , 

Mo here from Adaptavist. Sorry I'm a little late to the game.

You can use ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud and the Scripted Fields feature to calculate WSJF dynamically, and according to the business logic that makes most sense to you. 

Here's a blog post we just published that should help. It also includes a code snippet to get you started.

Best,

Mo

0 votes
Markus_COGNITIFF March 6, 2020

Hi Mike, 

Markus from COGNITIFF here. I wanted to let you know that we just released the cloud version of WSJF for Jira. I hope it meets your needs, and we would love to hear your feedback! 

Best,

Markus

Suggest an answer