Looking for a project template that has editable swimlane boards but business project capabibilities

Madeline Bennett June 8, 2022

We just tried out the business project template and love everything about it EXCEPT the fact that for some reason you are unable to update the board configuration. WHY?! 

From my research, Atlassian disabled the ability to configure your board & update them. Now to add to it, our board is not even pulling our existing tickets and is using one of the 3 workflows that we have.

I just need a project template that has the following features:

- Editable swimlane/kanban board

- sprint planning capabilities. 

- Timeline

- Forms

- Calendar

- List

- components. 

Can anyone help with this? It's so frustrating that we can't just edit business project boards. 

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Buzon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2022

It's by design - but I don't know why, but there is a sort of workaround.  Kinda.

You will need to create your other boards in a different company managed jira project, but have those board queries directed at your business project.  It doesn't really matter where the boards are actually located, they can 'see' whatever you want them to.  The workaround is to simply create a shortcut (in the side menu) to those other boards, wherever you placed them.

Company managed projects are the only ones that can really have multiple boards, so it's the best I have come up with.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events