Looking for a custom field similar to the component field

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2011

Is there a way to get a custom field or a plugin that would give me the same interface behavior as the components field in JIRA 4.4? The existing checkbox and multi-select box custom fields just seems clumsy when compared to what the components field does.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2011

Found this text in the in the JIRA 4.4 Administrator's Guide under the section of Configuring Renderers.

• for multi-select fields:
    • the Autocomplete Renderer, which allows the user to start typing text which is then 'autocompleted', or to select from a drop-down list of options; and
  • the Select List Renderer, which simply provides a drop-down list of options.
    (please note: for custom fields of type "Multi Select", only the Select List Renderer is available)

I also checked the plugin site for "custom fields" and I did not find anything similar to Autocomplete Renderer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events