Looking for a creative way to display sprint goal per team

Tal Kdoshim February 5, 2019

Each sprint we define is used for all R&D teams, therefore teams don't have the option to define their own sprint goal and display it only in their view/board.

Any creative idea or add-on that can support this?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hi Tal,

Do you have "Parallel Sprints" enabled?

Does each team have their own view/board configured?

Do you have any issue security on the project?

Could you give one or two examples of typical Sprint Goals?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Thanks for your answer. an example for a sprint goal of a team would be to complete a feature or focus on solving bugs.

Thanks,

Tal

Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hi Tal,

OK - so just a sentence rather than a paragraph.

The reason that I asked about Parallel Sprints is that it might be a good way to organise multiple teams around a single backlog. Each team would create their own Sprint - with their own Sprint Goal defined.   I've configured a JIRA project like this before and it works quite well.  

My second thought was that you could just use an issue to represent your Sprint Goal (doesn't really require a separate Issue Type, although that might be a consideration).  Have the issue clearly labelled as a Spring Goal (e.g. "SG/TeamA: Focus on solving bugs") and leave it on the top of the board for that team's view.  Any conversation around the Sprint Goal can be captured in the description/comments.

My question about having issue security enabled was really about making the Sprint Goal visible only to the team in question (if that's even a requirement).

Rob

Hi Rob, 

Creating a new issue type and placing it on top of the board is probably the best way.

Good idea, thanks a lot!

Like Robert Barrow likes this
3 votes
Kris Muhi May 13, 2023

@Tal Kdoshim we have made an add-on that might help! Better Goals 🎯 for Kanban Boards

Feel free to check it out here: 
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1231053

Iteration view 2 item Successfully finished.png

Inna S May 16, 2023

If I may,

our internal policy prohibits installation of the apps with a low number of installations and those that do not have Cloud Fortified badge.

Unfortunately we would not even consider it.

Any chance you plan to certify it soon?

Kris Muhi May 16, 2023

Hey Inna! 

We will kick that off right away and share updates.

In the meanwhile our code is 100% open sourced, and can be reviewed if your teams have concerns installing it!

Best regards

Kris

Like Inna S likes this

Suggest an answer