• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Looking for SQL function to hide sub-tasks if I am assigned the parent ticket

Looking to filter out sub-tasks from a JQL view that are assigned to me, if I am also assigned the parent ticket. 

Ideally, something like...

IF ($parentTicketAssignee = $currentUser AND $childTicketAssignee =$CurrentUser) {Hide-ChildTicket)

We have quite a few sub-tasks on some tickets. In some cases, I'll be assigned a single subtask on a different ticket. However, if I'm assigned the parent ticket, I want to filter out the subtasks.

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Jeret Shuck

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Jira does not have a JQL function to filter sub-tasks based on its parent fields.

That being said, we understand how this functionality would be useful, so we created the following feature request to implement this functionality:

Create a JQL functionality to filter the sub-task for a field value of the parent issue 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround option, there are some apps in Atlassian Marketplace that provide you with that functionality:

JQL Search Extensions - JQL reference documentation 

Scriptrunner - Scripted functions Documentation 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you