Looking for SQL function to hide sub-tasks if I am assigned the parent ticket

Jeret Shuck February 5, 2020

Looking to filter out sub-tasks from a JQL view that are assigned to me, if I am also assigned the parent ticket. 

Ideally, something like...

IF ($parentTicketAssignee = $currentUser AND $childTicketAssignee =$CurrentUser) {Hide-ChildTicket)

We have quite a few sub-tasks on some tickets. In some cases, I'll be assigned a single subtask on a different ticket. However, if I'm assigned the parent ticket, I want to filter out the subtasks.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hello @Jeret Shuck

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid Jira does not have a JQL function to filter sub-tasks based on its parent fields.

That being said, we understand how this functionality would be useful, so we created the following feature request to implement this functionality:

Create a JQL functionality to filter the sub-task for a field value of the parent issue 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround option, there are some apps in Atlassian Marketplace that provide you with that functionality:

JQL Search Extensions - JQL reference documentation 

Scriptrunner - Scripted functions Documentation 

Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer