Lock Priority field for a specific custom cascading select field values on a Create Screen

vcatl2020 March 10, 2021

Hi!

Is it possible in Jira to lock the Priority system field for one issue type on both Create or Edit Screen and combined with a specific value selected by user in a custom cascading select field (primary tier drop down values-  Jira Customization / Jira Administration and secondary tier drop down values - MUST NOT BE NONE).

The priority field should be locked for NOT able to edit on the fly when a user create or update that issue type having the above mentioned combination of Cascading select values. Any suggestions please on how to accomplish such requirement?

2 answers

0 votes
vcatl2020 March 11, 2021

Thanks @Dirk Ronsmans and after some further research, Scriptrunner is the only addon that can make it possible. I will get this installed on a trial evaluation to get this started but I was wondering if there is any reference code that someone can share that I can try picking it up from there?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Hi @vcatl2020 ,

I would suggest taking a look at their documentation. They provide lots of examples and excellent guidance. 

For your use case you would use behaviours. 
https://docs.adaptavist.com/sr4js/latest/features/behaviours

vcatl2020 March 11, 2021

Will kick start to learn from here, also will keep an eye out for a handy reference logic code from any expert advisor. Thanks Dirk!

Like Dirk Ronsmans likes this
0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2021

Hi @vcatl2020 ,

Out of the box there are not dynamic forms like you mention. You cannot set a field read-only (locked) based on another value of the issue.

You will require an app for this.

On Server this could be easily done with Scriptrunner (from Adaptavist) which uses behaviours (basically dynamicall hide/show fields and set properties of those fields).

This would require some groovy/scripting knowledge.

TL;DR: Out of the box, cannot be done. With an addon yes. (but that's an investment)

Suggest an answer