Location of post function information

Jig Bhakta November 6, 2012

I recently used the Workflow Sharing Plugin to copy a workflow from our test to production environment. This plugin recreated 2 fields that already existed. I therefore deleted the additional fields created. Now, I see the following issue when looking at the post function for a transition:

Type: class
Class: com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction
Arguments:
field.value = %%CURRENT_USER%%
field.name = customfield_10731

and obviously, the transition fails because the custom field cannot be found. Rather than having to recreate the entire workflow (as I am not able to edit this post function), I am trying to recreate the field and adjust the new field's ID to match 10731 (a hack, I know!). However, looks like simply changing it in the table: customfield is not enough.

My question is this: Where does the plugin: JIRA Suite Utilities (which provides this post function functionality) store the above information in a workflow? I do not see a database table that would store it.

Cheers.

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Hi Jig,

Rather than editing the custom field's ID, I think you can edit the workflow's XML instead and either remove the post-function or edit it to "customfield_otherID".

select * from jiraworkflows where workflowname = 'YOUR WORKFLOW NAME';

Copy the descriptor column to a text editor and edit the workflow as you need. Then, update the column with the edited XML and restart JIRA. Just create an XML backup and try this in a test environment first to avoid any issues.

Cheers!

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2012

Sorry, regarding your question.

Type: class
Class: com.googlecode.jsu.workflow.function.UpdateIssueCustomFieldPostFunction
Arguments:
field.value = %%CURRENT_USER%%
field.name = customfield_10731

This information is stored in the workflow's XML I've mentioned. :)

Jig Bhakta November 7, 2012

Perfect - worked like a charm in Test. Appreciate your help Matheus.

Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
November 7, 2012

Nice! You are welcome, Jig. :)

Suggest an answer