Location of DateTime fields

hirok December 18, 2012

Hi,

It seems all the DateTime fields are displaied in the bottom of right on view always.
Is there any way to change this?
I have own DateTime custom fields and I want to place them together with other related fields.

Thanks,
hiro

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

If you make sure your Date field doesn't implement DateField interface, it won't appear on the right side. It wll appear along with other fields only.

hirok December 18, 2012

Thank you very much for your reply.

It means I need to create a custom field plugin which does not have the DateField interface?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2012

Your custom field class shouldn't implement that interface.

hirok December 18, 2012

Thank you, but it's difficult for me to create a new custom field plugin...
I have some date/time fields which were created by 'Date Picker' field type bundled in JIRA.

Is there any way to change the location of those fields?

Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2012

The only other option is to edit the view-issue-plugin which is a bundled plugin in JIRA. That is more painful when it comes to upgrades!

hirok December 18, 2012

OK. Thank you very much for your information.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 26, 2012

Or use Script Runner plugin, make scripted fields that return HTML containing the values of those custom fields. They will not appear along with dates. And don't forget to remove the actual date time fields from the screens.

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-CustomFields

Suggest an answer