Load Issue object to a Map

IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2013

Hi All,

Is there any way that we can load issue parameters to map? I want to get field values from key.

e.g

parameters.get("customfield_10600");

parameters.get("id");

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2013

also there is a method in issue called getString where we can pass the id and get the value.

e.g

issue.getString("resolution");

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 24, 2013

Map parameters=ActionContext.getParameters();

parameters.get("issue");

IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but

I need to get issue parameter values such as summary, id, description, custom field values as stated in the question

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 25, 2013

yes, you can get the summary, description, ... using parameters.

you just print the parameters variable and see what all values it display.

parameters.get("summary");

parameters.get("description");

parameters.get("customfield_10600");//this is customfield id

0 votes
IshanL
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2013

I have created my own util method to load issue into Map. I could not find api method to do so.

private Map<String, String> generateIssueMap(Issue issue)

{

Map<String, String> issueMap = new HashMap<String, String>();

issueMap.put("jiraId", issue.getId().toString());

issueMap.put("issueKey", issue.getKey());

}

Suggest an answer