Listner script to update parent task field when subtask field is updated

Tanu January 16, 2020

I want to write a Listner Script to update parent task custom field when subtask is custom field is updated.

Please help

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2020

https://library.adaptavist.com/entity/update-the-value-of-a-custom-field-using-a-listener does most of what you need.

You'll need to remove the "is this a subtask" check, and reverse the intent so that it updates the parent

Tanu January 17, 2020

I am getting a lot of errors, please help me .
Your help is too much required.

image.png

Tanu January 17, 2020

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

Looking forward for your help here. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2020

If you hover the mouse cursor over the red X's it will give you helpful error messages.

To get you started, I think line 18 will give you something like "no such property".  This is because the call you want is a method, not a property, and you've got the name wrong!  Check the case of the letters in the call, and add () to the end of it to force it to look for the method.

Line 24 is probably not going to work either, as "subtask" will now hold a list of sub-tasks, not a single one.  You'll need to iterate over that list.

Suggest an answer