List projects containing a certain word in the title with JQL

Tony Zhang June 26, 2014

In JQL, is there any way to list all projects containing a certain word?

For example, there are many projects in our JIRA contain a word "Tony", and I can not list all of them in JQL by Project Key, because there are more than 1000 characters. I also don't want to separate the JQL, because I want to use a dashboard to represent all of them.

I think there is a way like use * or ? to replace the different word in the project title, but I think maybe I did wrong? or it doesn't allow me to use * and ? i Project. I wrote like this "Project in ("*Tony")".

Any thoughts about this?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 1, 2014

Hello Tony.

If I understood your question you are looking for a JQL to list projects right? Being that the case I have to say you that the JQL are meant just for searching issues within projects, so you can't search only for projects. But you can use an SQL query on your database to search them. It would be like this:

select pname as "Project Name"  from project where PNAME LIKE '%Tony%';

On this example I'm searching for all projects beggining with "Tony" on it's name.

Please note that this is mysql query so you may have to customize it to your db.

Also if you don't want to use an SQL query you can take a look on some add-on on JIRA marketplace, an example would be this

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other question about this!

Suggest an answer