List of all People in Groups

Volker Peise-Mossner October 9, 2020

Hi, it's a simple questuion: as a adminstrator, how do I get a list of all users in one particular group?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020

The only means of doing this is under admin > user management > groups. You can view members in the group or you could export users and groups and view in excel.

4 votes
Chris Serio
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 12, 2023

Better late than never!
Below instructions are Cloud Only unless Macro(s) are present or manually gathered.
For those interested in accomplishing this task using Macros and a Confluence Page:
https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/insert-the-user-list-macro/

1. Create/Edit a page
2. Click the '+' to Add/Insert a Macro
3. Choose 'User List'
4. Specify groups as you please. '*' will include all groups and their members.
5. Have a nice day!?

Thanks for reading along and thank you to Jack Brickey for pointing out the ability to export group members using the 'Users' tab within Atlassian Admin Portal.

1 vote
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

Hi @Volker Peise-Mossner ,

There are different ways to do it. Yon can use

1. user List macro in confluence on  confluence page. This macro can get the list of users from a confluence user group.

2. You can query it on DB directly

3. You can check in UI through User management. You may not be able to export the results, but you can use third party plugins for exporting.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2020
  1.  Can you do this for Jira groups within Confluence?
  2. only if on Server
  3. you can in cloud. When you go to export users you can select a specific group 
Like # people like this

how can i query it on the db?

Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2020

@Jack Brickey - user list macro works if confluence uses JIRA server as user directory. 

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2020

@Volker Peise-Mossner  - This link contains the query to list users who are not memeber of a particular group.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/how-do-i-find-a-set-of-users-that-are-not-part-of-one-group-794199678.html

Just remove NOT from query and use the correct group name.

thank you very much - 

Suggest an answer