It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

List all issues, from multiple projects, linked to multiple epics from 1 project.

Greetings,
I have one Project, "ProjectMain" where I create "CrossFunctional" Epics (Issues created in, "Project1", "Project2"... linked to Epic in ProjectMain). 
In "ProjectMain" I would like a filter that can show me all issues from other Projects linked to all epics in "ProjectMain"

I had a filter that works, but only when I prioritise the Epics in ProjectMain, and prioritise the issues linked to them. 
I am looking for a workaround so I do not require to prioritise (people forget). 

Current solution:

project in (ProjectMain, Project1, Project2...) AND issuetype in (Epic, "External Story", Feature, Story) AND priority = Highest ORDER BY Rank ASC

I am trying to create a more dynamic query where I can use this filter:

ProjectMain-ActiveEpics:  project = ProjectMain AND issuetype = Epic ORDER BY Rank ASC

Can I get a list of all issues in Project1, Project2 linked to Epics in ProjectMain using the named filter above, ProjectMain-ActiveEpics. 

I have tried all kinds of .... IN (Filter = "ProjectMain-ActiveEpics") but... 

Any help will be appreciated. 

1 answer

with scriptrunner it would be something like

issuefunction in issuesInEpics("project=ProjectMain" and status != closed) and project in (Project1Project2)

Without any plugin it doesn't sound easy

Thanks for that. I have been looking at plugins, but, for now, would rather work around them. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

344 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you