I run Jira and Confluence (4.3.5 & 4.3.6). Both connectid via Application Link (fully trusted).
There are two issues:
* Adding an issue to a page in confluence generates a link in the jira issue. If the page is removed, the link in jira stays alive and leeds to the following page: A page with this title has been deleted. Contact your space administrator if you would like it restored.
* Removing the jira makro from a confluence page leds to jira still linking to the available confluence page, where is no longer the macro included, so maybe no information about the issue in this page.
Jira seems to ignore both remove commands, or they are not send from Confluence.
As per stated in the related support ticket that you raised in our system, the reason why the link still appears in JIRA issue although the Confluence page or the JIRA issue macro is because:
- JIRA remote issue link is not dynamic
- This means that when a Confluence page is linked to JIRA issue via JIRA issue macro, the remote link data will be stored in the remotelink table. However, the data will still remain in the table although the JIRA issue macro has been removed in the linked Confluence page
Based on this findings, I have raised an improvement request which can be accessed here:
- Issue remote link will still exists in JIRA issue when the linked Confluence page is deleted
Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events