I run Jira and Confluence (4.3.5 & 4.3.6). Both connectid via Application Link (fully trusted).
There are two issues:
* Adding an issue to a page in confluence generates a link in the jira issue. If the page is removed, the link in jira stays alive and leeds to the following page: A page with this title has been deleted. Contact your space administrator if you would like it restored.
* Removing the jira makro from a confluence page leds to jira still linking to the available confluence page, where is no longer the macro included, so maybe no information about the issue in this page.
Jira seems to ignore both remove commands, or they are not send from Confluence.
As per stated in the related support ticket that you raised in our system, the reason why the link still appears in JIRA issue although the Confluence page or the JIRA issue macro is because:
- JIRA remote issue link is not dynamic
- This means that when a Confluence page is linked to JIRA issue via JIRA issue macro, the remote link data will be stored in the remotelink table. However, the data will still remain in the table although the JIRA issue macro has been removed in the linked Confluence page
Based on this findings, I have raised an improvement request which can be accessed here:
- Issue remote link will still exists in JIRA issue when the linked Confluence page is deleted
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG